My Spices & Pantry

For me is very important to have a variety of ingredients that I consider indispensable in the preparation the dishes, rarely I plan a dish ahead at list that I organized a special meal. If you want to recreate a flavor from a particular country is very import to have some of the ingredients available in your pantry for you can bring the original flavor of the dish that you plan to make. I love to go to a spice ethnics market more that to a shopping mall.
 In my Pantry I like to have some of the following:

Cheese: Mozzarella cheese, Cheddar Cheese ,Parmesan Cheese, Gorgonzola Cheese, Queso fresco , Ricotta, Mascarpone and Cream cheese.
Vegetables and fruits: Garlic, Onion, Red and Green Pepper, Celery, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Potatoes, Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant, Plantains, Limon, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit, Pomegranate.
Fresh Herbs: Cilantro (Como buena latina es importante el cilantro en mi cocina), Mint, Flat Italian Parsley, Dill, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Tarragon, Marjoram and Scallions or Green Onions.
Others: Unbleached All Purpose Flour, Phyllo Pastry, Puff Pastry, Heavy Cream, Evaporated Milk, Sweet Condensed Milk, Unsweetened Chocolate, Guava Paste.
Spices: I am very crazy about spices. If I found a new spice I give a try!!! Spices are key ingredients in the preparation of the dish, if you have the right spices you can made dishes from many country!!. Try to have a from different countries if you would like to explore international recipes at home.
Love to cook with wood spoons!!!
A Sample of my Kitchen Spices!!




Colombian

Peruvian

Chilean Spice

Hindu


Turkish Spices






No comments:

Post a Comment